On 23.02.2021 15:01, Nikita Popov wrote:
> While looking into various issues related to static variable handling, I've
> become increasingly convinced that our handling of static variables in
> inherited methods is outright buggy. However, it's also long-standing
> behavior, so I've put up an RFC:
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/static_variable_inheritance

What about non-static methods with static vars inside? I think it should
be mentioned in the RFC, that it does not matter. Or the examples should
not use a static method, for clarity.

I'm not sure I would agree with the Traits behavior being consistent.

--
Aleksander Machniak
Kolab Groupware Developer        [https://kolab.org]