On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 11:09 AM Sara Golemon <poll...@php.net> wrote:

> This is your early, advance warning that RM selection for the PHP 8.1
> branch will be coming up in April.  Please start thinking about whether or
> not you would like to put your hat in the ring. Feel free to volunteer now,
> or any time over the coming weeks.  Additional announcements will be
> forthcoming as we approach the selection date.  On April 12th
> (provisional), Gabriel or I will announce the list of candidates and, if
> more than two candidates have volunteered, open a vote.
>
> A description of our release process can be found at
> https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/master/docs/release-process.md and
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/releaseprocess
>
> Notably, at least one of the volunteers must be a "veteran" release
> manager meaning they have participated in at least one release of PHP in
> the past.  The other may be an additional veteran, or more ideally, someone
> new to the RM role (in order to increase our supply of veteran RMs).
> Regardless of who is participating, you'll have access to all active
> release managers to help get you up and running.

A gentle reminder to submit yourselves for the PHP 8.1 Release Manager
job.  It really takes nothing more than a little bit of time.

We've got two "newbie" volunteers already, but we should ideally have a
veteral available.  So I'm especially calling for some old timers to step
up and teach the kids some new tricks.

 Let's all make PHP awesome!
-Sara Golemon and Gabriel Caruso, your PHP 8.0 Release Managers