On Sun, Apr 4, 2021 at 8:11 PM €– ”k”k <chopins.x...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> Direct execution opcode file without php source code file RFC vote is now
> open.
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/direct-execution-opcode
>
> The deadline for voting is April 20.
>
> Regards
> Chopin Xiao

For those who want to execute opcodes without needing to have the
source available, there are multiple hurdles that need cleared. The
largest one I am familiar with (and I'm sure there are many more) is
this: many hooks in the engine used by extensions and zend_extensions
can cause the "system id" to change. Whenever the system id changes,
the opcache must be invalidated and rebuilt, which requires the source
to be available. Adding opcode handlers, requesting cache slots, and
many, many more extension points all affect this. Some of these things
can probably be done differently and not affect the system id, though
in some cases at a performance loss. Other things may require a new,
successor API that fills an equivalent purpose but without affecting
the system id.