Hi!

I wonder what to do with the PHP Language Specification[1].  Apparently,
the repo is abandoned (last commit was more than a year ago, although
PHP 8 changed quite some stuff).  If we don't have the bandwidth to
maintain it, we should mark it as unmaintained, and maybe some of the
information could be moved to the PHP manual  (I quite like the strict
syntax specification, which the manual almost completely lacks).

The old stuff I think is still valid, but would be nice if somebody took on themselves to update it. I think the spec and the manual are different documents, for different audiences, so having separate spec would be a good thing. However, we should have clear demarcation which parts applies to which version and which parts are missing.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com