Hello,

Le Tue, 15 Jun 2021 12:53:47 +0200,
Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com> a écrit :
> Feedback on the proposed deprecations is appreciated. Personally, the two
> I'm unsure about are "get_class(), get_parent_class() and
> get_called_class() without argument" which are mostly stylistic in nature,
> and "strftime() and gmtstrftime()", where the non-portability issues are
> possibly not so bad that a disruption of existing users is worthwhile.

I use get_called_class() a lot, which is way clearer than static::class as the
 name describe what it does.
I think I am not the only one as I find occurences of it in several projects I
 have in my vendor/ folder, like rector and codesniffer (not the latest version
 through, maybe they changed it).

Forcing people to use static::class will make them have a better
 understanding/instinct of what static:: does, but is that worth forcing a
 change on a working code for something less descriptive, I’m not convinced.

Côme