FWIW, I would prefer is_literal, but without integers in scope. Modern code
is often type hinted. I would expect that a lot of libraries would accept
only strings and then check whether it's a literal string. I don't think
accepting integers in scope increases security or improves ease of use.
However, I am more concerned about other things that have been mentioned in
this thread and the overall disagreement. I'd rather not rush this change.
Also, I am concerned about the performance of applications that are heavy
on string processing. Although I haven't tested this yet myself.

--Kamil