On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 5:30 AM Stephen Reay <php-li...@koalephant.com>
wrote:

> > On 29 Jun 2021, at 02:28, Jan Ehrhardt <php...@ehrhardt.nl> wrote:
> >
> > Nikita Popov in php.internals (Mon, 22 Mar 2021 10:24:51 +0100):
> >> Hi internals,
> >>
> >> It's time for another deprecation RFC:
> >> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/deprecations_php_8_1
> >
> > FWIW, a quick search returned these results.
> >
> > ADOdb still uses strftime()
> > https://adodb.org/dokuwiki/doku.php
> >
> > 2 plugins of Matomo (formerly Piwik) still uses strftime in
> > Login/PasswordResetter.php and RssWidget/RssRenderer.php
> >
> > The simplepie library still uses strftime:
> >
> https://github.com/simplepie/simplepie/blob/717d9ea4bf1a8533d5a26128b7acc1598388ce66/library/SimplePie/Item.php#L882
> >
> > Limesurvey still uses strftime, in the ADOdb functions and in the
> kcfinder
> > functions:
> >
> https://github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/6437c998731e1e79da24c394ef205444cfa75cdf/third_party/kcfinder/core/class/browser.php#L784
> >
> > Drupal 7 uses strftime in the date module and in the views module:
> > https://www.drupal.org/project/date
> > See date/date_api/date_api_sql.inc
> > https://www.drupal.org/project/views
> > See views/includes/handlers.inc
> >
> > Drupal 8 uses strftime. Example:
> >
> https://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/core!modules!views!src!Plugin!views!query!Sql.php/function/Sql%3A%3AgetDateFormat/8.2.x
> > --
> > Jan
> >
> > --
> >

> (Bah! Sending again to the list, because me stupid)
>
> I’m sure some of those are legitimate - but to my eye, the Drupal 8
> example at least, is _not_ using `strftime` in *PHP*.
>
> I believe it’s making use of the `strftime` function in SQLite.

Was surprised to see Drupal in the list but that makes sense. Confirmed
those D7 views and date modules are doing the same thing and using the
sqlite function, not PHP's.

This made me suspicious about adodb since it is also doing database
abstraction and searching their github source the best I can tell all the
calls in it are _also_ to the sqlite function, not php's.