On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 11:58 AM Nicolas Grekas <nicolas.gre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> as proposed by Nikita and Joe, I'm submitting this late RFC for your
> consideration for inclusion in PHP 8.1. Intersection types as currently
> accepted are not nullable. This RFC proposes to make them so.
>
> I wrote everything down about the reasons why here:
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/nullable_intersection_types
>
> Please have a look and let me know what you think.
>
> Have a nice read,
>
> Nicolas

Hi Nicolas, thank you for putting this up.  Just two editorial notes:

- "This is because any intersection that contains the null type is
identical to the null type itself.": I don't think that `X&null` is the
same as `null` but rather like `never` (i.e. the "bottom/empty" type, or
simply "impossible/nonsensical/bogus")?

- "Should brackets around the intersection be: not needed / mandatory /
allow both styles": maybe clearer would be e.g. "forbidden / mandatory /
optional (allow both styles)"?

Regards,

--
Guilliam Xavier