On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 4:16 PM Côme Chilliet <
come.chill...@fusiondirectory.org> wrote:

> Le Tue, 31 Aug 2021 15:56:42 +0200,
> Côme Chilliet <come.chill...@fusiondirectory.org> a écrit :
> > It seems to be consistent accross versions: https://3v4l.org/BHtAh
> >
> > But what will happen when LDAP connections are turned into objects in
> 8.1?
> > Will they also become int(0) upon serialization or will they behave in an
> > other way? I could not find a case of resource that became an object and
> is
> > allowed on 3v4l to test this. There is no LDAP or CURL in there.
>
> Quick followup on this, I found a case that can be tested on 3v4l:
> https://3v4l.org/EKFP0
>
> -> Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Serialization of 'XMLParser' is not
> allowed
> in /in/EKFP0:13
>
> So it seems objects of this kind throw when serialized (I hope they all do
> that).

Unless we made a mistake somewhere, yes, all "resource-like" objects are
not serializable and will throw an attempted serialization or
unserialization.

> It is not clear to me how that behaves with session, will it throw as
> soon as affected to $_SESSION, or at the end of the request?

Storing it in $_SESSION temporarily should work fine, it will only throw
when the session is serialized.

Regards,
Nikita