On Tue, Sep 21, 2021, 11:56 PM Mike Schinkel <m...@newclarity.net> wrote:

> > On Sep 21, 2021, at 3:45 AM, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 11:21 AM Mike Schinkel <m...@newclarity.net>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Honestly, at first I confused `Deque` with `Dequeue` and was wondering
> why we would name a class with a verb?  It wasn't until Rowan's comment
> that I realized `Deque` is an abbreviation.
> >>
> >> Which begs the question: how many other PHP developers will know
> computer science terms like this well enough to know `Deque` is a noun when
> they see it, and more importantly how many PHP developers will think to
> search for `Deque` when they need a queue?
> >
> > Unlike the Vector name which is really confusing as it is not a
> > vector, Deque is actually relatively known for anyone needing a double
> > ended queue. It even comes first in google search, wikipedia or java
> > implementations, which matches this implementation.
>
> Being able to google what Deque means is one thing, but thinking to search
> for it when you don't know it exists *and* you don't know that Deque is the
> term you would need to be searching for.
>
> > We expect our
> > users to know all weird names of different patterns, I trust them to
> > be able to learn what a Deque is. :)
>
> So we expect PHP developers to have a computer science background? Maybe
> you are assuming everyone minimally has your expertise?  Have we as a group
> decided to forsake beginners?

It is not what I was trying to explain.

However if one looks at the php documentation looking for specific things
like these, the Deque will be there.

So I am not expecting anyone to have a CS background (btw, I don't),
however I do have a minimal trust in users reading the docs and doing a
minimum of research.

best,