Hi Internals!

On 2/24/22 15:11, Tim Düsterhus, WoltLab GmbH wrote:
Please find the thread in the GitHub PR at:

https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/7921#discussion_r813743903

[…]

1. Disallow both serialization and unserialization.

This will make the serialization issue very obvious, but will require
adjustments to exception handlers that serialize the stack traces.

Thank you for voicing your opinion.

I've adjusted the implementation to "Disallow both serialization and unserialization":

https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/7921#discussion_r815976815

As per Dan's response disallowing serialization is the "safe" choice with regard to future changes and it neatly avoids the bikeshedding with regard to the exception class to use [1].

I'll make sure to update the RFC with an errata section later.

[1] https://externals.io/message/117022#117120

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus
Developer WoltLab GmbH