On 21.06.22 01:01, Dan Ackroyd wrote:
Hi,

Following previous discussions, here is an RFC to have DB specific
classes for PDO.

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/pdo_driver_specific_subclasses

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your RFC!

I do have some recommendations for it:

1. It would be great if driver specific constants would be added to the driver specific sub-classes without the driver name repeated in the const name. The counterparts living directly on PDO could be deprecated (later).

PDO::SQLITE_DETERMINISTIC (int)
|*> *|*|PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_USE_BUFFERED_QUERY |*(int|*)*|
etc.

2. Another annoying PDO feature is the configurable behavior of exceptions.
As now exceptions are the default way it would be nice to not all disabling
exceptions if instantiated the new way.

> Create all DB sub-classes?

yes please

> PQescapeIdentifier

I think these should be a general PDO method but as we already have `quote` it would be preferable to name it `quoteIdentifier` or how would you explain the difference between `quote` and `escapeIdentifier`?

Thanks

Marc

cheers
Dan