> Hi internals,
>
> I opened voting for the new Curl URL API as part of PHP8.2.
>
> All recent discussions show that we are not even close to getting a
> consensus on how the new CurlUrl OO API should be done. After changing my
> mind 300 times in the last day, I decided to only propose the procedural
> implementation that stays consistent with other functions of the ext/curl
> to target 8.2.

I fully support this approach: php-src is not the proper layer to build an
OOP API to me. Each time it's been done, it proved too rigid for userland
and ppl wrote wrappers around.

I think php-src should continue to provide thin layers on top of C
libraries so that userland is then empowered to build and evolve OOP APIs
at will.

Nicolas