On 18-8-2022 19:12, Jakub Zelenka wrote:
On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 5:11 PM Juliette Reinders Folmer <
php-internals_nos...@adviesenzo.nl> wrote:

On 18-8-2022 15:46, Jakub Zelenka wrote:
Make libxml_set_external_entity_loader() return the previous loader
https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/7977
Based on the PR, this introduces a new function to PHP/the `libxml`
extension. Doesn't that need an RFC ?

Note: I'm not opposed to the change as per the current implementation,
just wondering if allowing this to go into PHP 8.2 without RFC is
correct process-wise.

Add openssl_cipher_key_length function
https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/9368
Similar as the above, new function for the `openssl` extension.

I do think the two cases are different though as openssl is an optional
extension, while libxml is enabled by default.

If there are no objections, we have never required RFC for new functions
that are small and self contained. I'm also not aware that we would
differentiate between enabled by default and disabled by default ones . :)
If you follow php-src on GitHub, you will see that there are many addition
that don't go through the RFC process as there is no need for that.

Thank you for the clarification Jakub, the process is not always clear (to me).