One good way to maintain some quality standard is to enforce it thru CI
:)
This also applies to https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/10549/files and
https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/10531/files for example, such
problems should fail the CI and enforce the contributors to fix the code
before the changes are merged.
With kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / S přátelským pozdravem,

Michael Voříšek