On Sun, 9 Apr 2023 at 22:52, Deleu <deleu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But what's the point of starting a greenfield project in PHP while
> Typescript is right there?

An angle that isn't discussed enough is the ease of writing extensions for
other languages compared to PHP. I've written PHP for 23 years, and I'm
increasingly looking to other languages because they either come with a
prewritten extension PHP doesn't have or because I can more easily hack one
together to wrap a library (example: a new DB client)

PHP has FFI but IMO it would benefit from further development. And the
benefits of native extensions will often be what's needed instead of FFI.

Peter