On Sun, Apr 23, 2023, 3:33 PM Casper Langemeijer <langemei...@php.net>
wrote:

> Nothing seems to happen on this front, and our Windows users like to move
> to PHP 8.2 too.
>
> The windows.php.net site states: "This is because the Windows PECL build
> machine died, and the team is still working on the long term plan of
> building DLLs for PECL extensions with a new CI process."
>
> We are 1 year since the machine died. 6 month since the statement on the
> website. From the point of view of our users nothing has changed, and are
> questioning if the windows project is still alive.
>
> I'd like to ask: Is re-inventing the building process really a smart thing
> to do if it means we'll be out-of-service for more than a year?
>
> "We're doing our best to finish that as soon as possible, and keep you up
> to date."
>
> I'm not questioning intentions, but I hate to think this is 'our best'. We
> should at least have and share a more concrete plan, possibly share a rough
> timeframe and share if we hit a blocking problem. If help is needed, we
> should ask.

Just as an FYI, for anybody in this situation, we (Zend) are doing Windows
builds of PHP; these have an E2E testing pipeline they pass before release.
Current community-supported versions can be downloaded for free, and we
provide LTS versions commercially. We support around 60 PECL extensions as
well.

Install instructions here:
https://help.zend.com/zendphp/current/content/installation/windows_installation.htm

Supported extensions list: