On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 9:12 AM Marco Pivetta <ocram...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would it perhaps make sense to have this in userland first, in phpstan or
> psalm plugins, to see if there is interest?

100% this in my view; this is exactly the kind of check which you would
expect to be done at the static analysis stage and I don't see a benefit to
new behavior in the engine here. Allowing us as PHP users to add whatever
kind of metadata and tooling to interpret it we find useful is exactly what
user-defined attributes are for. So any attributes added in the engine
which declare some behavioural change should be limited to those able to
provide a tangible benefit which can't be achieved in userland.

-Dave