Hi

On 5/29/23 13:47, Michał Marcin Brzuchalski wrote:
So there would be no option to vote on shorthand properties, right?

Array syntax with all properties as strings in quotes probably means no
support from IDE.
I think this is a really bad move, I'd be against it.

I expect any IDE or SA tool worth its salt to be able to understand that a string-literal is … a string-literal and treat it as constant. Whether there are quotes around that literal or not should not make a meaningful difference for automated processing.

I'm fine with the proposed syntax [1], but agree that "clone with expressions" would be useful to have even in the initial version.

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus

[1] It's consistent with existing syntax and that is important.