So if I'm not missing something, you want to add this new method to core to
accommodate situations where:

1. the dev is too inexperienced to implement a pre-existing library and
2. the incoming 2d payload is not packaged as a csv file (and therefore
cannot be directly imported as such) and
3. the application does not benefit from accessing the auto-incremented ids
generated by each insert and
4. the performance of the bulk insertions resolves a crippling bottleneck
in performance?

IMO, the total footprint of your implemented snippet isn't significantly
"sleeker/sexier" than using concatenation.  I don't see anything ugly or
unreadable about building two flat arrays, then using them to construct a
SQL string and feed the execute() method. https://phpize.online/s/iW

I am not an RFC voter, but I don't really see a compelling reason to add
this method to the language.

mickmackusa