On 9/10/23 20:59, Juliette Reinders Folmer wrote:
With the above in mind, I wonder how much confusion/code churn renaming existing classes will cause and if that's worth it, especially as the suggested case for the PHP native class will likely be determined by the version on which the tooling is being run. I.e. tool being run on PHP 8.2 suggest DOMDocument, tool being run on PHP 8.4 would flag DOMDocument and suggest DomDocument...

Since the names are case-insensitive, if the tools continue to enforce, for example, DOMDocument instead of DomDocument, would that cause problems if Reflection, var_dump, etc. began reporting the class name as DomDocument?

In other words, if the tools did not change, would there be any churn?

Cheers,
Ben