Hi everyone,

I'd like to submit an RFC to add support for final anonymous classes.

This should also allow some additional opcache optimizations.

I've already prepared the implementation at https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/11126, what do you think?

Personally, I would have instead preferred the much cleaner approach of making *all* anonymous classes final by default, (preferrably) without offering the option to make them non-final.

However, I understand that this might be a little bit too restrictive for something that may have some valid usecases, even if extending anonymous classes currently requires some hack-ish workarounds with class_alias.

All in all, as per the title, I'd just like to add support for final anonymous classes (new final class {}), without changing any existing semantics.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Daniil Gentili.