I would be voting against any function that checks for "empty". The
`empty()` construct we have now should almost never be used in any
reasonable code. It should be avoided at all cost. For this reason, I
see no need to introduce a new variant of the same thing. I also don't
believe there is any need to fix or change the existing construct.
Leave it as it is for use in legacy projects. Maybe in a distant
future we will be able to deprecate it or maybe we won't. While I
personally consider it a menace, I don't mind it existing in the
language.

But please do not add any similar functionality.