On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 2:26 PM Jorg Sowa <jorg.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello internals!
> I have just opened voting on the RFC to add 4 new rounding modes to round()
> function.
>
> Voting will end November 30th, 00:00 GMT.
>
> Link:
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/new_rounding_modes_to_round_function
>
> I'm sorry for previous message, but completely missed the title of the
> message.
>
> Kind regards,
> Jorg

I didn't pay attention to the discussion. Sorry.

I object to changing the intl code to add aliases. The intl extension
is a wrapper around ICU, and I don't think it's a wise choice to
modify it because you think "ROUND_TOWARD_ZERO" is better than
"ROUND_DOWN". I agree the name is better, but that's not really how
extension maintenance should work. I definitely don't think we should
then _deprecate_ the ROUND_DOWN/ROUND_UP constants in ICU, given that
the extension itself hasn't deprecated them and is still maintained. I
am surprised nobody pointed this out before.

I don't have any objection to the rounding modes themselves.