Hi Matteo,

> PDO's main goal was to make building db drivers easier, and it's not meant to
> be a full DB abstraction layer.
>
> As such, it is not expected that all databases behave the same, especially
> for exotic functionality, such as autocommit.

As you say, such behavior varies from DB to DB. However, with the current
implementation of PDO, we don't know how it will work until you actually try
it, and each driver has different behavior, so it is important to describe how
it works in the documentation is also in a difficult situation.

Personally, I think it would be better if specifications could be standardized
to a certain extent, within reason, but what do you think?

Regards.

Saki