On 5 January 2024 06:55:34 GMT, Robert Landers <landers.rob...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I already said this, but to reiterate: I, personally, hear what you
>are saying and largely agree with you; however, before we can really
>have any kind of discussion on concurrent servers, we HAVE to address
>the underlying issues that are missing from PHP. In PHP-src

So, let's address them...

> there are no such things as request objects

This is a non-issue. As has been discussed already, it's perfectly fine to have
an event-based system where the event details are an associative array, rather
than a rich object.

> There are no such things as event loops. There are fibers,
> but absolutely no std-library i/o functions are using them

This is what the bulk of Daniil's email is suggesting a way to improve.

>We have a long way to go before those will be real things that we can
>have a proper conversation about in the context of php-src.

If we keep waiting to have the conversation, it will never happen.

And if we start building brand new APIs like infrastructure for worker-mode
SAPIs, in ways that are fundamentally incompatible with async, we're just
making more work for ourselves when we do get there.

Regards,

--
Rowan Tommins
[IMSoP]