On Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 2:28 PM, Saki Takamachi wrote:
> Hi Larry,
>
>> I like this proposal.  It's a good incremental improvement to PDO.  I also
>> agree with rollbackTo(), to avoid confusion.
>
> Thank you, I'm glad to receive your positive feedback.
>
> It is very difficult to implement these in pdo_odbc because the odbc
> API does not support savepoint.
>
> However, since odbc itself is quite old, it may be a good idea to make
> only pdo_odbc incompatible with the savepoint method.

There's been discussion recently about how to deal with incompatibilities
between different PDO drivers, especially now that we can have subclasses per
driver.  That may be the way to deal with it.  I don't have a major opinion on
the approach, other than all incompatibilities should be handled in a
consistent way.

--Larry Garfield