I have noticed quite a number of emails appearing on externals but not
appearing in my inbox. I randomly get an email saying:

Hi, this is the Mlmmj program managing the <internals@lists.php.net>
mailing list.

Some messages to you could not be delivered. If you're seeing this
message it means things are back to normal, and it's merely for your
information.

Here is the list of the bounced messages:
- 122446
- 122448

But I can clearly see far more than that in externals that are never received.

IIRC from the email spec and internet customs, soft-bounces should be
retried for a number of days (though I have no idea why gmail
soft-bounced the messages, maybe rate-limiting?).

If I'm using gmail and not getting emails, how many other people are
also not getting emails on this list?

Robert Landers
Software Engineer
Utrecht NL