On Fri, Mar 8, 2024, at 12:12 AM, Hans Henrik Bergan wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Mar 2024 at 20:17, Larry Garfield <la...@garfieldtech.com> wrote:
>>
>> A 3 way up-down vote doesn't make sense.  What happens if none of the 3
>> options reaches 66%?
>>
>> The viable options here are a single RCV vote (which we've done before), or
>> a single "Should we do this" vote that requires 66%, followed by a "when
>> should we do this" vote with 2 options, majority wins.
>>
>> --Larry Garfield
>
> Does this work for you guys?

This is a lot of votes for a set of pretty simple changes with minimal BC
implications, and maybe there's precedent for it but I don't like voting about
what version to make particular changes in. Adding a language feature like
property hooks is a one-vote RFC but fixing sleep() to take/return floats and
work consistently cross-platform is somehow a six-vote ballot? Is there anyone
who has indicated in any way that they would vote against making all three
changes because one of the three is somehow unacceptable? What if #3 fails but
not #1?

And I'd say leave it up to the release managers to decide what version it is
appropriate for the PR implementing an approved RFC go into. Micro-managing
that by voting does not sit well with me.

Jim