On Thu, Mar 28, 2024, at 3:03 PM, Saki Takamachi wrote:
> Hi internals,
>
> With read-only properties, we no longer need to define getter methods
> when we can take advantage of them.
>
> However, there is still one problem here from a convenience standpoint.
> That is if we use an interface, we still need to define a getter method.
>
> This was mentioned by @sakurairo in X
>

> Therefore, I propose to allow public properties to be defined on the
> interface (It does not matter whether it is read-only or not).
>
> I would like to hear your feedback.
> Also, if a similar discussion has taken place before, I would
> appreciate it if you could let me know.
>
> Regards.
>
> Saki

This functionality is included in the Property Hooks RFC, which will be going
to a vote just as soon as Ilija finishes polishing up the test suite for it.
(I think he wants to get it into a "commit as soon as the vote passes" state
before we call the vote, even though that's not process-required.)

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/property-hooks#interfaces

--Larry Garfield