> On Apr 25, 2024, at 5:47 PM, Rowan Tommins [IMSoP] <imsop....@rwec.co.uk>
> wrote:
> I think you missed the context of that sentence - or I'm missing something in
> yours. I meant specifically that the "deprecated since" information is
> useless if there's no published policy on how long something will stay
> deprecated.

To paraphrase a former US President, "Depends on what the meaning of 'since'
is."

Given a lack of agreed definition for 'since' it appears you are using narrow
assumptions about the meaning of 'since' that led you to view 'since' as
useless.

Conversely, I try not to make limiting assumptions and look for how a feature
could be useful IF defined appropriately. And to me there is benefit to have a
standardized way for tooling to recognize deprecation based on versions and
other criteria, even if the specifics may need to be explored further.

Or at least that is how I see it.  But then, I have no vote, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

-Mike