Hi Benjamin,

The vote for the RFC #[\Deprecated] attribute is now open:

> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/deprecated_attribute
>
> Voting will close on Wednesday 5th June, 08:00 GMT.

I voted "no" because I think this is better addressed in userland, as this
gives more flexibility.
I would better have an attribute that is made only for static analysis with
no runtime side effects at all.
Being forced to make the attribute final because the implementation in the
engine requires is an example of why the engine is not the correct place to
send this notice. Another example is not being able to add the attribute on
classes because [engine reasons].

trigger_error() is better fitted for the runtime side-effect when it's
desired.
In my opinion, #[Deprecated] should be only for static analysers /
reflection (although this would need another discussion - I'm not sure this
would benefit being in the engine vs in a userland package.

Thanks for the RFC anyway.

Nicolas