On Friday 22 October 2004 12:08, Joe Orton wrote:
> > > But both approaches are feasible, the important thing is to avoid
> > > using -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64, which just breaks so much.

As far as I can tell we use off_t only once when calling external libraries.
And yes it is in a call to zlib when seeking inside gzipped files.

However I consider crashing apache children with signal 25 when doing simple
is_file() or fopen() on large files really harmful. Apache flat out refuses
to start if you have enabled php error log and that file happen to be 2GB or
bigger.

> > OK, so we should roll back Edins patch from all branches and wait for
> > a safer fix.
>
> Gets my vote...

OK. Reverted.

Edin