Hi Marcus,

On Saturday 12 February 2005 18:58, Marcus Boerger wrote:
> ups, reading again i see it, it was ReflectionProperty::getDocComment()
>
> Johannes had a patch for that already and i asked for it some months ago
> but i don't remember if there was anything against it.

no, the some-months-old-and-not-committed-patch from me is
ReflectionProperty::getLinenumber() (see [1]) But meanwhile I had a look on
the implementation of the other getDocComment stuff and found that the
current implementation has problems with methods/classes with no own
doc_comment but following some irrelevant doc_comment (see [2]) so I'm
currently thinking wether I need to make all the getDocComment related stuff
work without CG(doc_comment) or wether it's enough to free the
CG(doc_comment) and CG(doc_comment_len) more often...

btw. it would also need either a reflectionClass::getConstantDocComment(string
$name) or some ReflectionConstant class to complete the api (in no way needed
to create WSDL files but for reflecting classes...), in the later case one
could also implement ReflectionClass::getLinenumber(),
ReflectionConstant::getDeclaringClass() and such stuff.

While writing this mail I did some deeper look on the getDocComment stuff and
found that my "it doesn't work example"[2] was the only case it doesn't work
- just adding some statement behind the comment frees the buffer, so it's
still a bug but one that should only happen in rare situations, so let's see
how to fix this and get all required doc_comments.

This all said I don't think the current docComment stuff is enough to create
some WSDL file in a nice way[tm]. Therefore ext/soap at least needs the
parsed docblock or meta-data from somewhere else (like typehints...)

johannes

[1] http://news.php.net/php.internals/14590
[2] http://schlueters.de/getdoccomment.phpt
--
Johannes Schlüter               Mayflower GmbH
Tel.: +49 89 24 20 54 33        Sendliger Str.42a