Hi Jani,
Thanks for commiting the patch. But it does not work.
The last param to AC_TRY_RUN need to be a non empty shell construct for
cross compilation to go through(empty construct won't help).

Please apply my new patch against the current HEAD(Now instead of echo
the patch do test 1)
http://puggy.symonds.net/~kameshj/Zend.m4.patch

With regards
Kamesh Jayachandran