On May 17, 2005, at 8:04 AM, Blake Matheny wrote:

Is there anything incorrect/wrong with the solution I proposed? I realize that a custom extension would also work, but there are several advantages to doing it the way I implemented it

- No need to add an extension every time you upgrade PHP

You can of course dynamically load extensions from your ini, and they only need to change when the API version changes. What you have is essentially a special purpose extension.

The situation is that you want to provide an alternative type of extension to accomplish something that can already be accomplished through an extension (and which was designed to support exactly the things you're trying to do (and more)). That sort of redundancy isn't very useful.

George