On Jun 16, 2005, at 10:15 PM, boots wrote:

These answers make me feel as if maybe just a little bit you guys are
looking down your nose at me without really considering the basis of
the issue I am trying to raise. I know the tools well enough to use
E_ALL -- thanks. I'm concerned about end users who don't know enough to
help themselves -- but whom I have to support. I'm talking about
problems running PHP4 codebases on a PHP5 engine.

E_STRICT isn't part of E_ALL and isn't on by default. If your clients have the relatively basic sophistication you describe, how do you think they'll stumble into E_STRICT? It's a pedantic error warning, just like gcc -pedantic. To paraphrase, I didn't miss your point, I just don't appreciate it.

George