Andrew Mather wrote:
Further to my earlier mail, does anyone have/know of a working example that demonstrates private data held in
C/C++ and encapsulated within a Php/Zend object for
storage, exposing a Php class, per George Schlossnagle's
recommendation/example?

(warning: shameless plug ahead as usual)

not per Georges example but CodeGen_PECL has support for this

it is not docuemted yet but there is an example in its CVS
repository that shows how to create a class with payload data
which is also used as a testcase:

http://cvs.php.net/viewcvs.cgi/pear/CodeGen_PECL/docs/examples/class_payload.xml?view=markup

--
Hartmut Holzgraefe, Senior Support Engineer                            .
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Join me at MySQL's 2006 Users Conference, April 24-27!
http://www.mysqluc.com/