Lukas Smith wrote:
Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:
I'd consider it for PHP6, but not for PHP5.1 at least not at this time.

what exactly is the big deal with adding a new optional parameter?
i dont really see the huge impact that should push this feature back to the next major php version. its something that could go into any minor version.

maybe i should clarify that i am only concered about the highlight_file(9 and highlight_string() functions. i dont even think we should add linenumbers to .phps.

regards,
Lukas