On Jul 12, 2006, at 11:56 AM, Lukas Smith wrote:

Therefore my proposal would be to simply add a defined "header" to all E_STRICT messages that contains the PHP version in which this E_STRICT message was added.

Hi Lukas,

An alternative might be to implement numerical error code identifiers and then allocate them sequentially. Identifying error messages introduced in future versions could be done by comparing the error code number against the last defined code in a known version. I'm not sure about the importance of the use case of identifying the version introduced, but having error codes might have other merits.

Best Regards,

Jeff