Do we really like it in 5.2?

It was originally on the 5_2 TODO.

Yes, as we finally need the date support that has been ready for 8 months now. Waiting any longer doesn't make sense either.

We do not need to break gazzillions of applications out there.

What gazzillions of applications are going to get broken? Can you name one outside PEAR? And FWIW I think Pierre should've renamed the PEAR class when it first became clear there was going to be a clash there, it was obvious we were going to see all the same arguments over again as soon as the datetime functions were complete.

I told Derick this was the case, but he decided to ignore it. I am really tired of having to waste energy on such obvious matters and to have to put up with such attitude: "I'll sneak this in while nobody is looking".

AFAICR the reason it was taken off the public TODO was purely to prevent WW4 breaking out on the spot. I expect Derick (and probably Ilia) had similar feelings about it now.

- Steph

Edin