I already agreed with Pierre over this, and offered to support him in giving PEAR support for upgrading. So long as it goes in from the start of 5_3 branch, why not? (Like it should've done at the start of 5_2 already.) I think it's worth holding out for a few more months to get sane names in there - and the original names are the sanest, least confusing names.

OK, Steph. This is the last time before I get pissed off. You have no idea how PEAR works. We actually have defined processes for things. Even if you do not agree with them, you are in no position to know what follows this standard. And you are also in no position to suggest here that you are willing to take over maintaince of anything in PEAR. This also goes for Marcus and his "PEAR must be punished" statement.

I have no idea what the hell you're getting so upset about. I'm making an offer to try and ease the situation, if you don't like it there's absolutely no reason to be rude about it.

The topic is the naming of the date class in light of a known issue for existing userland code. Stay on topic and stay with topics you actually have a clue about.

And again.

regards,
Lukas

http://www.eset.com