> Did it not work for you as-is on Windows...?  It did for me, since it
seems
> there's already a typedef for __int64 -> long long.  I'd wondered the
same,

I think some VC versions on windows don't know "long long" but do know
__int64, but I don't remember from the top of my head which version, but
I think maybe VC6 might have a problem with that. Otherwise looks fine,
so if adjusted for VC6 it's OK.

I forgot to mention that I had seen this in main/config.w32.h:

/* MSVC.6/NET don't allow 'long long' or know 'intmax_t' */
#define SIZEOF_LONG_LONG_INT 0
#define SIZEOF_LONG_LONG 8 /* defined as __int64 */

SIZEOF_LONG_LONG was changed from 0 to 8 in v1.86 and the comment about
__int64 added.  So, I also assumed "long long" could be used as-is because
of that.  Why have SIZEOF as 8 if it's unusable...?  It was changed to fix
Bug #34052, I know, but I wouldn't think it was just a "hack" to make it
non-zero -- especially with the __int64 comment.

yes, it is just an "hack". (/me hides).

But anyway, I'll leave it to the experts if the patch needs tweaking. ;-)

Me too, as I don't have karma on that module.

Nuno