On 12/04/2006 05:48 PM, Elliotte Harold wrote:
What IDEs are people using and prefer for PHP development? preferably on Linux or Mac OS X? I'm just starting to poke around in the internals, and it would be very helpful to have something that let me jump to definitions. e.g. when I see a macro named RETURN_TRUE in an apparently void method, I'd like to be able to find the definition of that macro.

For such things you can use any editor with ctags/cscope support.

On a related note, is there any developer level documentation of PHP's internals anywhere that might answer these sort of questions? I've looked around but I don't see any. If there is any information about how to hack on PHP, my google searches keep missing it in the copious amount of information about how to hack with PHP. :-)

These links should be useful:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/internals.php http://www.amazon.com/Extending-Embedding-PHP-Developers-Library/dp/067232704X/sr=8-1/qid=1165244412/ref=sr_1_1/002-2389427-7040856?ie=UTF8&s=books

--
Wbr, Antony Dovgal