On 01/03/2007 09:51 PM, Andrei Zmievski wrote:
Only in cases where people blindly pass objects where strings are expected. It won't break anything for those objects that know how to convert themselves.

It still see no reasons for this particular change in behavior.
It was allowed in the past and I'm sure it should be still okay to do it as long as there are no technical reasons to prevent it, which I'm unable to see.