On 01/31/2007 09:49 PM, Baten, J.W.J. (Jeroen) wrote:
Hello,

http://www.zend.com/lists/php-dev/200511/msg00880.html
and http://www.sys-net.it/~ando/Download/php-ldap-ctrl-exop.tar.gz

I also found some old contributions on other related mailing lists.

Since I know the open source wold to be a responsice one I really wonder
why this (extended ldap stuff) is still not supported in PHP, but
perhaps I just have missed the point somewheren.

I guess the reason is that ext/ldap is not really maintained for a long time.
It doesn't mean it's not supported, just nobody is developing/improving it atm.

I'm sure most of the developers here do not use LDAP (it seems to me like a rare thing nowadays..), so they do not have possibility to test the patches before applying and since we don't have a maintainer for ext/ldap, it may take ages before these patches get into the extension.

Of course, if you have enough spare time and willingness, you can try to apply these patches, write some tests for the extension to be sure these new patches do not add any new problems and I'm sure this will speed up the process very much.

--
Wbr, Antony Dovgal