On 02/09/2007 11:10 PM, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:
On Fri, 9 Feb 2007, Derick Rethans wrote:

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:

> I read this as saying we're removing the entire ereg extension from
> PHP 6. If that's not true, then never mind.

http://www.php.net/~derick/meeting-notes.html#move-ereg-to-pecl

To confim I'm understanding that correctly:

* PHP 6 will not necessarily enable ereg as an extension by default
* But if people enable ereg, then their existing code will continue to work

As far as I understand, the point is that ereg does/can not support Unicode, therefore we cannot keep it PHP6, which major feature is Unicode support.
_BUT_ it is possible to use PCRE to "emulate" ereg, so yes, the existing code
should continue working.

--
Wbr, Antony Dovgal