This sounds handy.

At least it's possible to use inside XML documents and are easy to use as <?=...

The topic discussion is about ASP tags. IMHO, they are useless and
just contribute to programmers write non-standards code. They  should
be dropped.

On the other hand, I usually don't like short tags because of XML
compliant code. I have them disabled in all environments I develop.
But I still believe that a quick way to write content, without messing
XML documents is a great feature. So, if you plan to support something
like this, I think it's a nice addiction to PHP, as long as it do not
stay in the short tags scope.

Personally I use a "e" function to do the task. So... I write this:
<?php e("Something"); ?> that is shorter thans echo. But <?echo is
quickier and simpler than my approach. =)

Best regards,