On 5/26/07, John Mertic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Chris,

I can see where you are coming from. I put together another version of
this that entirely uses the PHP CSS templates:

http://files.edin.dk/php/installer/snaps-html/index-phptemplate.html

New one looks better, I would prefer this.

It looks and feels more like the main PHP.net site. I also went ahead
and changed the branch names to PHP 4, PHP 5, and PHP 6, instead of
4.4.x-dev, etc.

Would like to see the branch name  4.4.x-dev , 5.5.x-dev, etc. and not
PHP4, PHP5.

I'm curious now which one everyone prefers, the previous one (
http://files.edin.dk/php/installer/snaps-html/index.html ) or the one
listed above.

John

On 5/25/07, Christopher Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On reflection, now I've had lunch, the intent/risks of the snapshots
> isn't so clear.  Maybe a simple change such as making the headings
> "4.4 Development" spelling out "Development" (no need for the ".x"
> anyway), or maybe a brief paragraph description is needed.
>
> Also adding a link to http://www.php.net/downloads somewhere might
> help the googler who lands on the snaps page but wants something
> stable to use.
>
> A problem even with the current snaps page is that the PHP logo doesn't
> link to php.net. And I'd prefer the snap page had the stand php.netheader
> links.
>
> Chris
>
> John Mertic wrote:
> > Thanks for the compliments and the suggestion.
> >
> > I've made the whole section underneath each branch in the light blue
> > highlighted color. I agree it makes it much easier to read now.
> >
> > John

> >> Looks really nice.
> >>
> >> I like the next snap column on the LH side.
> >>
> >> My only improvement would be to change the horizontal background
shading
> >> so it encompasses the heading of each section as well as the content,
> >> and/or encompasses the "Previous Builds" line.
> >>
> >> When I look into the middle section of the page my eyes read from the
top
> >> of each color band, e.g. I see
> >>
> >>    Previous Builds
> >>    5.2.x-dev
> >>    Source Distribution.
> >>
> >> Chris
> >>
> >> --
> >> Christopher Jones, Oracle
> >> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Tel:  +1 650 506 8630
> >> Blog:  http://blogs.oracle.com/opal/   Book: http://tinyurl.com/f8jad
> >>

> --
> Christopher Jones, Oracle
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Tel:  +1 650 506 8630
> Blog:  http://blogs.oracle.com/opal/   Book: http://tinyurl.com/f8jad

John Mertic                                        "Explaining a joke
is like dissecting a frog: you
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                              understand it better,
but the frog dies in the
                                                          process."

                      -Mark Twain