Stefan Walk wrote:
At the moment, SVN is a pain in the ass when it comes to merging, but
they claim that it's fixed in 1.5...

svnmerge.py: http://www.orcaware.com/svn/wiki/Svnmerge.py

can help quite a lot as it maintains merges. And as it stores the merge information in SVN properties I'm sure the information can be converted to something suitable to use with the SVN 1.5 mechanism.

Having looked at git and others I'm still happy with our move to SVN as it is almost a drop-in replacement for CVS (substitute cvs for svn on the command line) for a lot of common operations.

- Chris